In this post I would like to introduce you to Flavourly food boxes. These are boxes of delicacies delivered to your house once a month. The selection of food ranges from coffee and tea through sugar or spice packs to crisps or flavoured nuts.
I subscribed to Flavourly boxes some time ago when I found a deal on Groupon, so I didn´t pay the full price. I have already received several boxes and have always been satisfied. Only once there happened to be a problem – last month I didn´t receive the parcel. However, after exchanging some emails with their support service, it seems that they resent it.
This is the content of the last Flavourly food box:
– dried fruit snacks. Pear and kiwi, it was very tasty.
– hot chilli peanuts and cashews. Great nibbles.
– spicy roasted chickpeas. I don´t eat chickpeas very often, but in this version I liked it.
– organic coconut sugar. I was happiest about this one. It had come in quite a big pack and it´s already gone. The sugar was brown, kind of moist and looked like brownish soil. I used it for pancakes and a zucchini cake. It gave the pancakes darker colour and different taste than normal sugar.
– sweet and hot jelly. That was the barbecue favourite! Great with any kind of grilled meat, a good alternative to ketchup, mustard or mayo.
– chocolate orange flavour instant coffee. I don´t drink coffee, so I offered it to my friends.
– “Tropical Treat” snack bar. As far as I remember there was quite a lot of ginger and I didn´t like it.
– “Bomba” tomato puree. As it says, it was bomba-stic. I used it to cook my favourite dish, spaghetti with prawns and rocket.
You can always find a “guide” to the food in the box – a booklet that introduces the producers. Often there is also some recipe and even a voucher!
That was it. I am already looking forward to the next Flavourly food box! It you liked it, you can check their webpage I linked at the top of this post.