Breaking news this Monday morning: the Chocolate Week is starting today!
Recently I realized that this week (12. – 18. 10.) we are celebrating chocolate. I read in some magazine that in London there is going to be an exhibition dedicated to chocolate and then I found out that it is just a part of a whole-week celebration of this sweet goodness.
If you want to learn more about the Chocolate Week, have a look at the official website. If you have a look at the Events section, you will see that the majority of events take place in London, unfortunately. However, nothing is preventing you from having your own choco-celebration!
The whole thing is going to culminate on Friday to Sunday in London where the Chocolate Show is going to take place. Click here to see the official website. I´m going to be in London during the weekend and I´m really tempted to go there, especially as I will be just around the corner visiting another exhibition. However, the ticket is 15 GBP (12,50 if you buy it in advance), so this is discouraging me as I´d rather invest those 15 pounds into some good chocolate than just entrance fee. I don´t understand why they charge so much for an exhibition, where you will probably spend some more money anyway. The people not interested in chocolate will not go there anyway and people who love chocolate will be probably tempted inside to spend their money.
I found some interesting articles related to the Chocolate Week:
- 10 Things to Do and Try for National Chocolate Week will give you a hint if you don´t know what exactly to try.
- Where to Celebrate Chocolate Week in London is a guide for the lucky ones to be this week in London. Another article summarizes tips for high-end events.
- The Telegraph reviews the rise of the British chocolate scene.
- Luxury chocolate boxes – here you will find some amazing (and sometimes amazingly expensive) chocolate collections.
And finally here are some recipes for those who want to celebrate at home:
- Gluten free chocolate cinnamon torte
- Morning Power Porridge
- Rawmazing rose treats
- a collection of recipes by Divine Chocolate, featuring for example salted dark chocolate and orange mousse
- a collection of recipes by Foodies100, where you can find an unusual combination: Bonfire Chilli with Beef, Chocolate and Pumpkin
Happy Chocolate Week!